15 Can't-Go-Wrong Tips For Eating Raw by Karen Knowler
So we're gearing up for the party season now - just over 6 weeks until Christmas now, can you believe it? (I can't!) So while I'll be discussing all manner of winter-related topics over the next few weeks (further to the first one featured last week), I felt it really important, both for newer readers and those of you who need some pointers, on things that are really important to remember about eating a well-rounded delicious raw food diet especially at this time of year, when it's easy to 'let it all hang out' a bit!
Here follows my 15 Can't-Go-Wrong Tips For Eating Raw. Enjoy!
1) Rinse your body through with at least one large glass of water first thing in the morning. Drink it warm and/or with lemon juice if this makes it easier for you!
2) Drink at least 6 pints of liquid per day, either through pure water, smoothies or fresh juices.
3) Drink away from your meal time - no closer then 30 minutes before eating, and no sooner than 3 hours after eating.
4) Only eat when hungry - yes, even breakfast.
5) Aim for one vegetable juice or superfood smoothie per day, minimum.
6) Fruit, when eaten, should be eaten before a main meal, never after.
7) Eat something green and organic at every main meal.
8) Eat at least one large leafy green salad per day OR drink one large green juice OR make one green smoothie.
9) Eat sprouted foods every day.
10) If you're eating more-raw eat a large fresh organic salad with each cooked meal.
11) If you're eating all-raw, eat at least one high density food in adequate amounts with your large fresh organic salad per meal (examples: flax crackers, sprouted wheat bread, nuts, seeds, olives, avocado, pâté, sprouted beans)
12) Avoid desserts wherever possible - eat them as a snack 3 or more hours after dinner. Desserts clog you up!
13) Try to go for savoury snacks over sweet ones. The sweeter ones, such as dried fruits and snack bars, are more likely to knock you off balance, and can exacerbate cravings and mood swings. Try a handful of sprouted sunflower seeds or some dehydrated crackers for something a bit more interesting and satisfying.
14) Make sure you have adequate time to prepare, eat and digest before getting back to business.
15) Try to eat no later than 7pm every night. If the sky is dark, your body is also shutting down for the day and digestion will be more difficult.
16) Remember that you need to love what you do, love what you eat and love the way you feel - this above all must be true : )
Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.comch.com.